What Information We Collect and How We Use this Information?
We may collect personally identifiable information* about your members from the following sources:
- Information such as their name, social insurance number, address and date of birth which we receive from them on applications or other forms submitted to us, ;
- Information about their financial or service transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, ;
- Information we receive from non-affiliated third parties, including consumer reporting agencies, ;
- Information we derive from their access to and use of this web site through software information collecting tools like a cookie pixel tags, web bug or web beacon or otherwise, such as their Internet browser, domain name and referring link. (NOTE: It is possible to browse our site without providing us any personal information. You can also set your browser security settings to reject cookies; however, in doing so you may not be able to take full advantage of this site’s functionality.) ; and
- Information we receive from them voluntarily, such as their e-mail address and any information contained in their e-mail messages, which will be used by us to respond to your inquiry.
What Information Do We Disclose and To Whom We Disclose It ?
Access to information in your member’s file is limited to Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company and to its employees, agents, administrators and service providers who perform underwriting, administration and claims investigation services, to persons to whom they have granted access, and to persons authorized by law. Canadian Premier Life’s administrators and service providers may be located outside Canada, and are subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are located. Your members have a right to review the information in their file to ensure accuracy and make correction as needed by contacting Canadian Premier Life. Our affiliates are companies with which we share common ownership and which offer, sell or service life and health insurance and pension and savings products.
Our Security Procedures
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
This Privacy Statement applies to the following companies:
- CRI Canada Ltd.
- Selient Inc..
- Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company
Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company has appointed a Privacy Officer (PO). The PO provides general guidance to Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company and its agents to ensure ongoing compliance with Canadian Privacy laws and regulations. The PO also has responsibility for managing privacy inquiries and complaints, staff education about matters surrounding privacy as well as being the liaison with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and provincial privacy regulators. For issues that require assistance of the PO, this office can be contacted through e-mail at: privacy.officer@CRICanada.com.